Follow us on Facebook

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

The Best Cookies in the World!


I used to make these cookies every Christmas for gifts (and myself), and I would often tell people, "Here -- these are the best cookies in the world."

Interestingly, I haven't made these cookies in years, for two reasons:

1) If I make them, I will be forced to eat large amounts of them;
2) I just can't bring myself to pour an entire cup of corn syrup into something that people will ingest (maybe I should try it with honey ... or try the corn syrup alternative in the video below)

Babe Ruth Bar Cookies

(aka "The Best Cookies in the World")

1 cup sugar
1 cup light corn syrup (or honey??)
1 cup chunky peanut butter
6 cups Special K cereal
1 6-oz package butterscotch chips
1 6-oz package semi-sweet chocolate chips


1) Combine sugar and corn syrup in saucepan over medium heat and bring to boil, stirring occasionally.

2) Remove from heat, then add peanut butter and mix well.

3) Stir in cereal until evenly coated, then press the mixture into  9x13 buttered pan.

4) Cool.

5) Melt chips over double boiler, stirring to blend thoroughly.

6) Spread over the cooled mixture, let cool again, then cut into bars.


Well, look at this! Here's a video on how to make your own substitute for corn syrup.

How to Make Substitute for Corn Syrup

0 comments:

Post a Comment